L I N U X
Some commands I commonly use
- Find out available space:
df -h --totalor
System monitor > Filesystems tab
- Directory or space with their usage:
du -a -d 1 /home/ | sort -n -r | head -n 5
- Find folder with specific name
find /path/to/look/up -type d -name "folder name"
- Linux version:
- Cisco IOS doesn’t accept ssh:
ssh -oKexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 username@target-hostname/IP
- Find specific word: (source: link)
grep -rnw '/path/to/somewhere/' -e 'pattern'or
-nis line number, and
-wstands for match the whole word.
-l(lower-case L) can be added to just give the file name of matching files.
-eis the pattern used during the search